Friday, July 11, 2008

Today I had a great few hours with my dad, a special treat for him and I these days. We got to take one of our favorite walks, through Edmonds. We first stopped in downtown Edmonds and got coffee, then we drove through some of our favorite streets. This giant white house is one of my all-time favorite houses. (I planned to post the pictures, but I cannot find the cable for my camera- I will have to add them when I find it and can upload my pics, sorry.) I have dreamed for several years about buying it someday. Sadly, they tore down the stables at the bottom of the hill and are preparing to build some houses where it once was. No one is living in the house right now (so we think), so we looped into the beautiful circular drive to take a closer look, and for me to capture a few pictures. This house has the best of everything, it's in Edmonds, it has an incredible view of the Puget Sound and the mountains, a LOT of property, it is incredible and beautiful and huge, an old Georgian style mansion with beautiful proches and big white pillars, and it used to have stables for horses- this is my dream house, or so it was before they tore down the stables and decided to cram houses at its foot. :(

After our walk we stopped at a coffee shop and got drinks. The coffee shop is in this little shopping area, that looks like an old-fashioned town. It's one of the places I remember from my youngest memories- sitting there with my dad and kris eating ice cream cones.

Then, I washed my car, wandered Fred Meyers some with my mom, and came home and folded and put away all the laudry in my room. I actually accomplished my goals for the day- cleaned my car and room- and it feels great! I even went through all the papers and mail I've been putting aside for months! I threw away a bunch of school stuff...wow, feels good.

So, on with the accomplishing of my goals...Here are some favorite pictures from our trip to Oregon... the Kite Festival, OddWater Aquarium, around the beach house, on the shore, and around town...







(that's me on top in the light grey sweater...Scott caught me taking a pic of myself with my camera, lol)

No comments: