Sunday, February 07, 2010

The hours are winding down to my architecture midterm and I have dozens of buildings yet to memorize, so this will be short.

I must say though, I got so blessed today. Court started my morning off by giving me a beautiful mug she'd bought me. Worship was wonderful. The message today was the Word of God straight to my hungry heart. And then Kate Hallstrom walked up to me with a bag and handed me a blanket. I couldn't even believe it. She said "I think of you whenever I look at it, it's yours." You see, it sincerely is the most incredible blanket... it is beautiful, and cosy and everything wonderful wrapped up. Every time I have come to their house of the past several years I have told her how wonderful that blanket is. And the store she got it from stopped making them.

So blessed. Yesterday morning at work too, all my favorite regulars came in... one who doesn't come in all too often, but I just love seeing his face. I'd told my manager as we were opening, "I hope Brett comes in today." Several hours later, my face lit up to see him. THEN, he came back in, brought his wife and children so I could meet them. John, a weekday morning regular (my other favorite) came in- I've NEVER seen him come in on a Saturday. Another regular (we see him every day), brought his little daughter in and on their walk she picked me a Pussy Willow branch and brought it back in to me. Little things like that just seemed to light up my whole morning. I am so grateful for all these amazing little gifts I've been receiving.

Thank you ALL.

No comments: