Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursdays, are long days. I wasn't pleased with my alarm clock when it went off at 3:45am. I open every Thursday morning at Starbucks, and usually I can look forward to this as I typically open with my good friend Theresa. Not this morning. This week's schedule is strange. So, as the alarm clock rang, I had no great excitement to get out of bed. I was super blessed though.. T, knowing I'd be bummed not to be opening with her, sent me a text at a little after 4am. Furthermore, when I go into work, there was a note from her and kathryn (one of my other favorites!) stuck to the computer they knew I'd be looking at first thing (to sign in). I am grateful to work with wonderful people.

This morning, driving from work to school (across 520 bridge), I couldn't believe that such a gorgeous view is just part of my daily routine.... a luxury I don't even have to seek out, but is just handed to me. I stared across a calm blue lake, under a giant blue sky, broken up by 'majestic' snow capped mountains and surrounded by deep green treees!

The skies have been beautiful these last few days... blue enough to confuse a lot of Huskies. With the sweet scent of blooming flowers, the clear skies, and the desire for spring, some have actually become convinced it IS spring I think. I saw a number of flip flops, shorts, and sundresses yesterday. I was in jeans and a sweatshirt, and I was still cold. It may LOOK like spring, and smell like spring, but it ain't spring folks. My brother-in-law likes to tell me "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck, darl'n." I guess this is one case that proves his theory wrong.

Lunch yesterday, one a bench on campus, in the sun... eating Chipotle. I have never been a fan of Mexican food. But lately, I've entered a dangerous love affair with Cilantro- I crave it! I love its taste, its smell, even its name! I'd just chew on it! lol. So yesterday, all by myself, I went to Chipotle so I could have some of their delicious cilantro-rice in a chicken burrito.

One last thought.... yesterday morning I had an excellent bus ride to school. I had enough time to hop off in Lake Forest Park for a coffee, and still get back on and to class 15 minutes early for my 8:30 class. The skies were blue, the streets were fairly quiet, my coffee was delicious. And as I sat there, staring out the window and enjoying my white mocha americano, I glanced down to see some graffitti beneath the window. It read, "Sacred."

1 comment:

kaylee@life chasers said...

I have been so in love with this weather! I have to fight off the urge to go plant flowers because I know they will freeze at night.
Oh and cilantro is AMAZING! Definitely a favorite. And Ryan often eats at Chipotle with a client every week and he never fails to sing praises. He loves them.