Saturday, February 20, 2010

The blogs are lacking as of late. I know. As I mentioned in earlier blogs, this month is different. I know the Lord is calling me to fill up at every opportunity. I previously called it "carb loading," which was a mistake. Kristin keeps bringing up my "carb loading" in reference to food and I keep having to shout back at her "I meant spiritually speaking!" This dramatic interaction is made more entertaining to us two because my name in her phone is "Carbonator." One rather enjoyable afternoon I was eating some delicious bread and singing its praises. In my excitement over the bread, and all the delicious carb-filled foods, I exclaimed "Just call be the Carb-o-nator!" And thus, she has.

So yes, carb-loading. Where last month was more about fasting and sacrificing, the Lord changed my focus for this season to be more about 'displacing.' When you focus on eating vegetables and salads, you naturally don't have room for the other (less healthy) foods. Likewise, asI am focusing on reading, studying and memorizing scripture, my Max Lucado book, The Seeking Heart, praying, journaling, worshipping, doing homework with excellence, and strengthening specific relationships. I just don't have as much time to blog or facebook. So, as you see less blogs these days, hopefully it will begin to pay off by better blogs. And if it doesn't, look forward to what is to come.

That said, I had such an excellent week. I'd been looking forward to it for the past month. Knowing I'd be done with my Daniel Fast, and that school would be slowing down slightly this week, I'd made all sorts of fun plans weeks and weeks out. Coffee date with Rose Ruiz (one of the BEST ways to begin the day!), snowboarding day with Elsa and Madison, dinner with Linda Cline, sleepover with Mac and Jordyn at the Clines, my Coffee Seminar (one of the final steps for my Coffee Master's program at Starbucks). It was incredible-- and now it is over.

I found all of these experiences this week had a congruent affect on me. It was most visible in my dinner date with Linda, but the others stirred the same waters in my spirit: The Lord has a plan, and it's going to be great! Linda encouraged me so much to be 'expectant' and excited for what is coming, and to trust that all the little pieces that may seem random or aimlessly hard will surprise me years down the road with how they played together. My life has felt scattered- I've been sowing here and there- faithfully, but to seemingly disconnected aspects all at once. The plates are beginning to merge.

It just came to me in fact that on our drive home from snowboarding, Madison was surprised to hear I happen to LOVE a certain song on the United Pursuit Band's recent CD. She had deleted it because it bothered her, namely the singer's voice. I love it. It's one of my favorites. To me, the words are so raw and unexpected.

It is called "Come Away," which already makes me love it. I love "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones, and I love Bethel Worship's "Come Away With Me" and I love Evan Earwicker's "Come Away." And I love the Song of Solomon's for the same reason. Being drawn away- aww, yes. Something in me just comes alive at that invitation.

But back to the story. Madison was shocked. As I told her, I love it because typically when someone is 'full of themself' it is a negative trait. But here, when the Lord is singing and He says, "It's gonna be full of Me" - what better thing could be said?! What better promise could He make? The whole song continues:

Come away with Me
Come away.
It's never too late
It's never too late
It's not too late for you

I have a plan for you
I have a plan.

It's gonna be wild
It's gonna be great
It's gonna be full of Me.


I sincerely love surprises. And He knows that; furthermore, I think He loves that. :) It is not just in the surprise, but the knowing that I don't know, that I revel. I don't think a Lover could tell me something better than that they have a plan, for me, that's going to be wild, great, and full of the Lord. For that Lover to be the Lord- and to involve 'coming away' to some amazing place- yeah, my heart is flooded. I could continue, but I'm pretty sure the point is clear.

I think that might be my anthem right now. My promise I'm holding on to. I'm not going to try to figure things out, manipulate any situation to make it orderly or controlled, I'm not going to set my hopes on any specific picture... I'm just going to trust He has a plan for me, and it's gonna be wild, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be full of Him!

And with that, I'm finishing up what He's set before me and waiting 'expectantly' to see where He is about to draw me to next. I'm waiting for His voice, and as soon as I hear Him say, "Come away with me.." I'm going to run.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Katrina,

My name is Nathan, and I am the drummer for the United Pursuit Band. I get emails from google whenever someone blogs about "UPB", and that's how i found your blog.

So, I just have to say reading your blog makes me smile. "Come Away" in many ways in my anthem too. I find it ringing in my spirit all the time. I thought I might tell you the story behind the song...

In 2006 I went to Mozambique, Africa with Iris Ministries (Heidi Baker is the leader) to her mission school. One day when she was preaching on God's destiny for us, Heidi called Brock Human and me up to the stage to play a song as she prayed over people...Brock started strumming come chords, and within a few mintues, he launched in "Come Away" spontaneously. It was a holy moment. That is the beginning of that song, and in many ways the beginning of United Pursuit.

Whenever i find myself worried about the future, about finances, about my dreams, the words from come away drift into my spirit. Its cool to know I'm not the only one who calls it my anthem. haha.

Oh, and we laugh all the time at how poor the vocals sound on that song. So your friend isn't wierd for not liking it:) The only way someone can like the song is if they know if God singing over them...that kinda changes everything. haha.

anyways, blessings on you!
nathan

Katrina Hope said...

Nathan, wow thank you for sharing that! I had to call my friend Madison just now and apologize for mentioning her in the blog. lol. ;) That song is so powerful and it doesn't surprise me to hear it sprung in some ways from Heidi Baker's ministry, she spoke at my church this past year and she just might be one of the most pure and powerful women I have ever met. I am so blessed by your music- thank you!!

And thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.

Katrina

Braden Unger said...

Good post Kati! I feel like in many ways, I'm in a similar spot in life...just being faithful in all the things God has given me to do and trusting that they will take me deeper into him and are part of his great plan for me.

And yes, I did see the shoutout about Quality over Quantity that we talked about. You're awesome. God is taking you to great places!