Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tomorrow is my last shift with my buddy T. I could cry. This woman is amazing, and I am so grateful that I've gotten to work with her the past year and a half. I've watched her press through some incredibly difficult times, and she's helped me press through some of my own. She's one of the most loving and encouraging people I know. Every person at our store will testify to how she has personally helped them become a better barista, a better friend, and a better person. She's amazing. I love her.

One night, while I was in finals and fighting some of my never-ending minute health stuff, she drove over to my house and left me a balloon, a shamrock plant and a card. Why? Because it was St Patricks, and I was stressed. That's all. :) Many people wouldn't drive across the street for such a reason, but she will drive over from Kirkland. She is always telling me "Let me know if there is anything I can do to help" - and the best part is, she really means it. No excuses, ever.

She's deserved to be an assistant store manager for over a year now- and during that year she has several times had to choose not to quit when it just kept getting tougher and looking further away. She never quit. And now, she's being promoted. Our hearts are all sad, and we all know it's no simple sentiment when we wonder if we'll be okay without her- the spot she is going to leave is pretty magnificent. But I know, we will make it, and largely, because we WANT her to enter this new stage with all the excitement and happiness she deserves. I love you T.

<3 Bunny.



PS, the only good part about this is, you can't call me coworker when you're mad at me any more ;)

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh Kati, you sure know how to make a girl feel special. I love you more than words can express. Thank YOU for all you have done for me. I wouldn't be where I am without you!