Monday, September 21, 2009

Dreams.

My Masters Commission year we were so incredibly blessed to have Lou Engle come speak with us (and to meet up with him and his group at a Life Seige in Washington DC). His message took root in the heart of my class, and I've heard many classes since have been lucky to listen to it as well.

He encouraged us,

"Don't live your life for a safe story, live it for a good one... It is easier to go die facing giants than to live in the wilderness. Either you are willing to die for the dream that is in your heart or you will live a safe life."


"Pay close attention to your tears, for your tears point you to your destiny."


"Walk through the land of your dreams." (The quote above my bed, written of course on a picture of a door.)

The last few days I have been wanting to write down my dreams and passions more. I think it is what God is doing in me through Sunday's messages, Dreaming With God (the book by Bill Johnson I am reading), as well as life's circumstances and the previous cries of my heart. I'm discovering a new trust in the Lord that tells me that He wants to accomplish the dreams in me, He wants to work with me and through me...through my dreaming.

Sunday, Pastor Norm told us we need to lift our expectation. He spoke on significance. God's people all throughout history have struggled with a sense of a lack of significance, yet it has always been the heart of God to make them of multiplies significance. Think of Moses. Consider the spies Isreal sent into their promised land. Even for my own life, and my own promised land(s), I want to give the report of Caleb and Joshua... young men who found themselves and their peope to be significant, because they were the people of God!

My dreams may seem out of reach, but the Lord will accomplish His will, and I'm learning that His will is very closely tied to His people, and He desires to co-rule with us (right?). Well, one way He does this is to give us dreams as we seek Him...and then work through us and with us to accomplish them!

With all this new revelation mixing around in my spirit and my heart, and as I write right now, my mind, I can't help but desire to write out my dreams...set down my passions and crazy ideas, mark out what makes me come alive, what makes my spirit cry out, my passions unleash, my fury arise, and my tears fall.

Doesn't it sound like the Lord, that in a time when the vast majority feel more helpless and out of control of their lives, finances, the economy and government God would begin instilling a sense of significance and confidence in His people. A spirit that cries out from within, "Surely we can do this." If God is for us, who can be against us?

I've been wanting to read the Psalms like I haven't in years. And now, I'm wanting to be like David. I want to be honest, and I want to cry out from the heights and the depths to my God. I want to trust Him, though armies surround me (literally!). I want to not take for myself a crown, even if its been promised to me... but wait on the Lord to fulfill His promises to me.

Just a little spilling out onto all of you of whats bubbling up inside. Love you all, I am off to the porch swing to drink my coffee and read for a while...probably some Psalms :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your writing... almost as much as I LOVE you.. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah... that's your fellow walker..

Katrina Hope said...

meaning, my Daddy? :)

You love my writing when it's not about baking cup cakes and silliness ;)