Saturday, September 19, 2009

I drove home last night with this strange desire to write a poem, so I made sure I brought in my journal. I was so tired though and knew I'd be up shortly so I sent myself to bed. Only, I couldn't sleep. My heart was too awake to really sleep. Now, part of this was likely due to the energy drink I consumed around 9:30 last night,...but part of it I think was just an awakening heart. Because after a restless night, I opened my eyes at 6am (a good 40 minutes before my alarm) and was longing after the God who's pouring out this rain... and now even more, I want to write a poem. I think I may be about to meet that Poet I heard of a few weeks ago. In other words, I think the Lord woke me up to reveal yet another side of Himself to me.

He's awakening a seeker's heart in me. He began putting this passion in me to seek out mysteries (in scripture, in prayer, in listening to him, in observing people and the creation around us), and He's been feeding that passion steadily by letting me find so many of the things I've sought, the most importantly, Him. I'm finding Him over and over, and it's always a new mystery discovered. He's a good God. He cares for me. He's a poet. He wants me to be part of the planning and unfolding of my life, and He hopes (intends) for the desires and dreams of my heart to lead me into co-ruling with Him, deciding things together. :0

PS, I love listening to this rain!

No comments: