Thursday, September 24, 2009

One more thing about fall, it's the season where we reflect. Authors sit and pen, creativity stirring in their spirits like the wind in the autumn leaves. I've included a poem a friend passed along to me that I thought you all might enjoy. Let me know what you think, it's certainly sincere and strong.

My Love Waits

My love waits.
It waits for a time that is always coming, a time never here.
It waits for a heart that might not exist, this I fear.
For what evidence, what proof have I of love?
Only stories told by friends of hearts, roses, doves.
Is it for this my love waits?

My heart is locked up, but I don’t have the key
That could open it up, a liberation I long to feel and see.
How can such fire, such passion be kept inside?
My body feels the ache, the soul longs to confide.
But still, my love waits.

Beauty glides past, but oh such waste;
For of its sweetness I shall never feel, touch, taste.
A blessing to many, a song in the hearts of some,
Yet for me it is a faint, barely discernible hum.
In spite of all this, my love waits.

But feelings aside, longings stripped bare
The day I find her, the day I know she’s there.
I can say all I am is for her, none have taken love from me.
I have kept it safe, kept it secure, kept it free.
For the one, for her, my love waits.

5 comments:

samara said...

oh my goodness! that is an amazing poem! I was just crying about the very feelings and fears described in those first two stanzas! Oh Jesus... My love waits!

Unknown said...

So may I ask actually wrote this my dear? :-)

Unknown said...

I meant to say - "Who actually wrote this my dear?"

Braden Unger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina Hope said...

Kimmers, you can ask... but I am not at liberty to say who. :)