Thursday, September 17, 2009

I slept in, had coffee on the porch swing with my dad, went for a walk with him, and now am going to do some work real quick and then go play with Tyson and Elsa. Today is a beautiful day. I'm learning to see new qualities of who the Lord is... I'm seeking out who He says He is.

He told me a couple weeks ago, He's a poet. I didn't quite see it then, but I'm beginning to. I've lived a long time expecting to surrender the things I love, seeing that as "trust." When a decision arose, it seemed that the harder one was probably the better one....but I'm starting to learn that isn't always true. Trusting the Lord means knowing Him, knowing His character in light of who He says He is. The Lord created a world that begins and ends each day with the most colorful, creative exhibits of beauty, sunrises and sunsets. He set stars in the sky, should we awake in the night and forget of His love for mystery and beauty and wonder. He made sound... whispers and yells, deep, strong, sweet, tender, alluring and alarming sounds. He says he's the God of wonders. In His word, He chose to center it with poetry and love songs. :/

He's not who I thought.. He's more. I like Him. hahaa.

No comments: