Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The First Official Day of Fall

It is 90 degrees today in Seattle. Not what most think of when they hear fall, but September is truly one of the most beautiful months in Seattle, and definitely my favorite.

To follow-up my fall blog(s), I'd like to add a couple more reasons to love fall.

Last week I strolled downtown kirkland with one of my good friends, Theresa, and when the rain shower suddenly hit we ran to the car and headed to her house. There we lit a fire, cuddled up with blankets, and picked out an old film (Guys and Dolls). It was the perfect fall girls night.

This morning, I met Rose for coffee in downtown and we sipped cappuccinos and chatted about life, family and goals. September mornings, delightful.

Tonight, I get to spend with my dearest friend, Toni (aka, Rosemary). I'm planning to make her dinner, something special. We'll spend time just catching up and sharing our hearts and thoughts and recognizing all the changes that have happened in one another over the past year.

Perhaps I'll invite a few others over for a bonfire like last Tuesday night. After all, it is only the most beautiful month of the year in Seattle ;)

One thing I DO NOT like about fall: massive spiders moving indoors! :0

And one thing I will like about fall even more some day and look forward to... cuddling and reading with a special someone, cuddling and watching old movies with that special someone, cuddling and talking,... you get the idea. Fall is the best, especially for us cuddly-folk. :)

1 comment:

samara said...

ahhh! love this!

Fall ALWAYS makes me think more about being married and sharing it with "someone special." From cuddling to the harkening of the Christmas Season! AH! so much goodness-so much goodness that I want to share it :)