Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The man next to me smelt horrible, and fell on me twice as he drifted off in sweet metro slumber. And yet, I love the bus. :) I don't know why- I just do. Today felt like a homecoming of sorts- driving to kenmore P&R, just missing the bus I was aiming for, stepping off the bus and wandering blocks until I found my building. Felt almost like the experience I've been mourning the lack of this year.... the first day of school. Only, this time I will get paid for it. That's nice. ;)

Today was my first day of training for my new position at Linville Law. Turns out I will be doing a lot... a lot. The seminars I'd heard mentioned as a responsibility of mine have several dozen little complexities I have to learn in the next couple weeks- because no one else knows about them but the girl I am replacing. I know I can do this, and I am excited about, it is just going to be a challenge for a while. And I am probably going to make some mistakes. And my boss probably won't be nice about it. That said, I'm ready and excited. I will be learning a number of new skills and will be forced daily out of my comfort zone. The thing I least like about my new position is simply that I am the front desk. Silly, since it is the easiest part of my job, but answering phones and greeting clients (also silly since I have been "greeting customers" for the past two years nearly, and I'd be so bold as to say I am good at it) make me uncomfortable. So, this will be good for me. Get me, out of me a little.

I am aiming to finish up the first revised draft of all my online application stuff for Cambridge so I can send all my materials to my three letter writers. It's exciting how close this is all getting. Come October, I am going to indulge in a great book... probably the one my book club will be discussing and I'll have barely started. :0 It will be the first time I have one job- and no school. Well... actually, I will probably push myself to finish my SLT Year 2 Paper so I can officially graduate from SLT and close another chapter. But still. Doors are closing, closets are being cleaned, life is getting clearer and I am seeking simplicity.

No comments: