Sunday, September 12, 2010

This thesis is neeevveeerrr ending! sheesh! I told one of my letter writers (previous professors) that I would have a new version of my sample writing to him by the end of the week. That means tonight. I've been editing and revising my senior thesis all week and I am not even half way through. I just got home from work and want nothing more than to go to bed right now. Yet- I am going to press through to get at least SOME revised draft that I can send him tonight.

Meanwhile- I am in a strange mood.. like a "I feel like listening to all of my favorite songs from my favorite musicals" mood. :) So far, I've listened to my favorite three from Moulin Rouge, favorites from Phantom of the Opera, now on to Les Miserable (dad- I'm actually listening to YOUR favorite... I Dreamed a Dream). I think what it comes down to is, tonight, I want to feel gripped by some piece of writing that is powerful and heart-rending. Some day, I want to write lyrics that break hearts, and then puts them back together. Sometimes, I feel my writing falls so frail when considered beside a melody.

Tonight, I'm revising a 27 page long thesis. But it might be the key to Cambridge, so...... :)


*I love this Glee adaptation of I Dreamed a Dream... amazing, amazing, amazing.. (I have probably listened/watched it a couple dozen times).

4 comments:

Courtney Jane said...

YES!!!! September 21 :)

Anonymous said...

So quit listening to songs and WRITE, Girl, WRITE.. ;-).. It sure would be nice if it came back, wouldn't it? I'd have to get 100 tickets..

Unknown said...

Les Miserables is making the rounds once again, and this time its a 25th Anniversary edition called Dream the Dream. Jason and I just bought tickets for the broadway tour here in Nashville in May!!!! It will be his first time seeing it :-) I can't wait!

Who knows, if you get into Cambridge, you can go see Les Miserables the London cast!! THAT would be cool.

Anonymous said...

WE ALL have seen the LONDON cast, Kim... a few times.. But, then again...... NOT in London ;-O