Thursday, September 30, 2010

Updates.

Reading: I'm reading Abba's Child by Brennan Manning (thank you Esther!). It's so timely for me right now... God's definitely speaking to me about authenticity and security. And not the way you'd typically think. God's been telling me one thing: you're authentic, don't be worried about counterfeits. People are going to follow- don't worry about it.

Moreover, 'just look at Me.'

I'm still so petty at times.

Cambridge: all three letter writers have sent me at least a draft. My two academic letters are completed and sealed. I hope to submit my online application this Friday night. And mail in the rest of the requested documents Monday. :0

Writing: I've had so many ditties and lines scribble through my mind lately, but I swear I never have a moment to indulge and play the rest of the poem out. It's getting a little frusterating. I've started just saving them as "notes" in my phone.
Also, I've decided I need to start writing about the things I am passionate about... now.

Work: I like my new job. Though it's kind of funny working with my sister- or more funny that the senior partner so enjoys commenting on how we are sisters. I took a phone call today from a client who said "How is your day going Katrina (small talk..) Yes, can I talk to Kristin? Is she your sister?" To which I replied yes. "Oh, I've heard about a lot about you two." "Oh really *uncomfortable laugh*" "Yes. Good things."

???? Thanks Larry.

No, but really, I love it. And I really enjoy how fast the days go by.

Random: I googled my favorite scholar on the Romantics. I knew he is a professor at UCLA. I went to their website and wrote down his contact info. I also looked into the details of the UCLA English grad school. They get hundreds of applicants (like 300-400 I believe). They take 40. I am going to contact him. I want to read his book they say he is working on- it is EXACTLY what I am interested in.

I realize, there is a thin line between passionate and creepy.

2 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

There is really not a fine line between passionate and creepy in acedemia.

kaylee@life chasers said...

i've been thinking about you so much through this whole process. i think you are a rockstar.