Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm doing a terrible job keeping up on the DOTs. I'll do yesterday and today's, and perhaps this weekend try to work back to 1.  ; )

Today, I am Thankful for...

10. A time of day:  Morning.  The 10 minutes of walking from my bus stop to my office.  I love it.  Especially on the mornings when the skies are blue, the leaves are yellow and the air is crisp.  The day is still open, my heart (usually) untroubled, and I have this little spell of time to just ponder and reflect. On that 10 minute walk I remember that I'm young, working downtown in a law office in a beautiful city and life is truly a gift. I don't feel so stiffled by the schedule and to-dos... even though I know they grow closer with each crosswalk.   My two favorite times of day will always be morning and dusk. :)

11. A tradition:  For those of you who've been following my blog for at least a year, you know my family refers to me as "The Tradition Nazi."  So for me, they're all my favorite, old and new.  I love that traditions mean family, love, memories and lasting.  Traditions mean you have a history together and history means you have a story.  And you know how I love a good story.  But to answer the question, I'll say I'm especially grateful for all the traditions of Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family.  And I'm especially grateful for them this year, since we'll have everyone together again!  Here's to late-night stockings and movies and puzzles, me waking up the entire family and getting them ALL out of bed, to cuddling with my sisters, to new pajamas, to cinnamon rolls and presents and hugs and thank you's and one of the most beautiful trees, to dinner way too late despite mom's best efforts, and lots of ridiculous laughter (mostly at my cost). :P 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think its going to be the best year yet and I'm so excited!!

Katrina Hope said...

me too! (to both!)