Monday, November 14, 2011

13. Something Old: My dad's camera. My uncle taught Kristin and I when we were young on an old Minolta much like my dad's. My dad brought his with him to Vietnam, and over most of his adult life it has been his faithful friend. About a year ago, he gave it to me. I've tried using it, but can't remember all that my uncle taught me back in the day, I've been far too spoiled in the years since. Still, I've decided that one of my goals for this coming year is to learn how to take beautiful photos with that beautiful creature that currently perches on my desk. I think it deserves to see more of the world than the globe that keeps it company.

14. Something New: My iPhone. (Geez, I sound shallow after these last three, don't I?) But, "Maps" alone has changed my life. In fact, it is my favorite part of my phone, I feel like I can explore anywhere now! Not to mention, I'm constantly snapping photos, using it for my calendar, catching up with friends, storing addresses, good book titles, restaurants I want to someday check out, words I finally swept out of my mind after days of them hanging around. I'm pretty grateful for my little iPhone, she seems to get me and is a very faithful little friend. She even sings to me and remembers all my favorite songs. ;)

No comments: