Tuesday, November 15, 2011

15. A Recipe: Mom's Honey Baked Chicken.  Picking just one recipe I'm grateful for?  That's terrible.  I hate "What's your favorite?" questions.  Truly.  Strong, strong dislike.  But, seeing as these questions aren't about favorites, they're about things I'm grateful for... I chose my mom's chicken.  It has always been a family favorite.  And it was the first recipe of hers I learned to make.  Come to think of it, it is a certain rights of passage in our home.  Katherine made it for her first time this past year.  Learning to bake mom's honey baked chicken is something simple, but special.  And it tastes amazing.  I chose it as the recipe I am grateful for, because it helped open up the culinary world to me.  And, because it's one of those meals that makes me feel at home.

No comments: