Monday, November 28, 2011

Over-sharing Monday.


I had doll houses like every other little girl when I was little.  Only, the houses were filled with little critters.  That's right.  My parents bought me little families of toy bears, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, etc.  My favorites were the raccoons, but I think that was because I had the baby raccoon the longest (I always especially loved very little things, and babies, lots of babies.... so it came naturally to love all the babies in the families the most.  It also came naturally to lose them first.)  As I saw the above photo this morning, I melted into internal "oooohs" and then wondered, "Why?"  Dangit, Why am I like this? 

And then those little toy critters came to mind.... and I wondered just how much that has melded me into the girl I am.  The girl who gets way too attached to pets, and seems to have a strange affinity to owls, elephants, and animals in general.

No comments: