Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Spirit?

Bring it!


I am the self-elected Christmas Spirit for my family. They refer to me as the Tradition Nazi. (offensive? Yes, kind of. Sorry.) All I have to say is, I've been behind, busy, stretched across the board and kind of in my own world the past few weeks, but now, I'm ready!!! I'm not actually ready, I'm just emotionally and mentally ready.  My eyes on the ball.  My heads in the game.  (All these analogies would be way funnier to you if you knew some family background stories about me, dad and pre-game visualization.) 

Tuesday night I spent Christmas shopping, watching Holiday Inn and wrapping presents. Wednesday, mom and I spent the evening making presents, wrapping presents, and watching countless cheesy TV-Holiday Movies. (Mom gets the holiday spirit, and I love it! No Grinch inclinations there.) This year we're even more excited than most, because Kim and Jason are coming - and they'll be here tomorrow!! I can't wait. I'm still very unready, with half-made presents, let alone unwrapped presents, a messy room, a full dirty laundry basket and lots more! I haven't even come up with a good spin for the dinner table (which usually I get to do, but lately my mom's been reclaiming the task)! So much to do, and so little time.... but I don't really mind. The worst that could happen is we'll all be together, and I'll be living in my sweats not by choice but by necessity, and that's not so terrible after all. :) Still, I must admit, I'm tempted to skip work tomorrow to stay home and clean, craft, wrap, sip coffee and count the minutes until Kim & Jason walk in the front door!!!!!

I love my family, and my hearts getting pretty stinking excited to all be together for the first time in 2 years!  Not to mention, I've got a GREAT book for those moments when we all cuddle up in the family room with a fire and drinks and get lost together in our own worlds.

No comments: