Thursday, December 22, 2011

I just had a realization of just how patient the man for me will have to be.  A girl lost in a book can be quite a dangerous creature to disturb.  I can put it down and walk away for a chat or coffee or dinner.  Unless, I'm in the last couple chapters... or the climax.  Just close the door and walk away.  All of my family knows this.   They know if I am locked, hidden away in a quiet room of the house and they walk in and I give them "the face" - no words, just the face.  They should walk away.  They don't always immediately (because my family is all testy), instead they just stand there and smile at me or laugh... but then, they know when the danger line has been approached, and they leave me to finish my adventure through the final pages.  In the end, they know I'll always return to them.  And it's better to wait and be patient than risk leaving me lost in the pages of another world, half wandering through ours like it is the dream.  Aw yes, he'll have to learn the face as well, and hopefully be content to just sit by me at times while I ride out the literary storms.  Patience is a virtue after all.  And reading makes a woman brave, wise and witty.  ;)    (or just quirky and dangerous.)

2 comments:

samara said...

my family just hits play on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuRuwR2JSXI

Katrina Hope said...

Yep, always love that video.