Friday, June 07, 2013




I went sailing for the first time last night.




Oh yeah, and I came home with a concussion.  Not the first time.  Safe to say, not the last.




Beau says he hopes it doesn't turn me away from sailing for good (there's a great little pun in there, if only you knew).  I informed him he doesn't need to worry - I've received a concussion from most of my favorite activities.  Queue the Kelly motto... "We take a lick'n and keep on tick'n." 

I know all my family members are already working on the jokes they are going to make in regards to my first sailing trip.  But, I'll have you know, when I ashamedly admitted the tale to my sailboat owning (and competition racing) coworker, he informed me the injury was sincerely not my fault.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you went sailing!! How fun! Can't wait to see you in just 2 DAYS!!!!!

Kimberlee Rankin said...

BOOM! I am so sorry! I love your family motto!