Tuesday, January 08, 2008



SO, the birthday extravaganza!

I had birthday wishers all morning- mainly texts, with the exception of my sister's phone call from Tennessee. Kris then kept texting me every 15 minutes too- thinking it funny to prevent me from sleeping in. She told me to be showered and ready to go by 12:30. Once she got home (she brought me a coffee), showered, and got quickly ready to go- she told me to sit on my bed and face the window/wall. She took my hair out of it's pony tail and put it all up in sponge curlers....then pulled a hat on over it all (I looked Jamaican-style in the hat). Then, we left.

Next stop, which I had figured out since she had a third coffee with "Linda" written on it's lid, was her friend Linda's salon. I got a manicure and an amazing pedicure! She got a manicure too...then we went out to lunch (we got Pho). I didn't eat much since I'd been fasting and was trying to play it safe...I had started the morning out with half a bowl of wheaties and hardly any milk ;)

Then home, where Kris immediately got started on my hair and makeup- I wasn't allowed to see anything, I sat on the toilet lid and faced the window. Then, she got me dressed with my eyes closed- the skirt felt kinda funny- when I opened my eyes I was freaking out- it was such a cool outfit!!! I never wouldhave picked it out- but I love it and will definitely be wearing it every chance I get! She'd bought me the whole outfit- complete with a cluth purse (that matches the color she'd picked for my nails) and a bracelet. I felt SO beautiful!!!!

Toni (Rosie) came over and got ready with us too- she looked like the leading lady from Pearl Harbor! Beautiful! Kris, mom, and Rosie headed out early to set up. Uncle Bob and Aunt Bev showed up around the same time. I thought they were going to just visit at our house with me for a bit- but they had also come for the party. My uncle bob is amidst chemo therapy, and I didn't expect he would be able to be around a lot of people- due to his immune system. I loved being with them!!

Krista too came running in on her way back to Canada and got ready in a whirl. At about 7:45 we started out- didn't actually get to leave till a bit later, ahum. We also had to stop for gas. I drove, and my dad lead me one step at a time, which made me a bad leader for bob and bev behind me, lol. I had figured it out about halfway there- my dad told me I was wrong. We pulled up to the dance studio/ballroom in Redmond and Jill and Rose were sitting out in their car- I was so glad they'd come. They walked in with us.

Inside was Hope and Court, Bridger, and Madison, Joe & Christy Tab, the Hales, Aunt Ivy and Uncle John, Elise, Rosie, Clayton, Forrest, Lynda and Ty, Jena, Aime, Cami, uncle ralph and aunt karen...and more. Later also came Dustin and Misty, Tyler and Bianca, Tyson, Chris and Katie Ruff, barco, his girl, his sister (lol Jess)....and again, more.

It was decorated amazing- probably one third of the people were dressed in 40's garb. Swing and jazz music played, white candles were lit all over. I'd never been in the studio- and it was fantastic!!! There was food and wine and punch, and even a cake for me :) Some people even ate, lol.


I danced and danced and danced, and just enjoyed spending time with all these people who undoubtably love me and came to celebrate with me.
My sister, and mom, could not have thrown me a better party! I loved every little detail, down to the roses on the table, and the frog prince on my cake!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone who came and made my birthday so special and just had a blast with me- I love you! Thank you Kris, mom, and dad, for throwing it (and paying for it!!)!!! Thank you dad, for getting all decked out, and for staying at a party ;) and for dancing with me.


Thank you Kimmy for all your love, and being such an awesome big sister, I know you would have been there if you could....and we have plenty, plenty of amazing things left to celebrate together!

No comments: