Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I walked into work today and saw a note taped to the front of my computer screen that read:
listen to the tape. I am so upset!
There was also a tape attached.

Turned out it was about the boxes of chocolate we mail out. Apparently my last order wasn't right. The order itself was, but what went in the boxes included a mystery truffle. (Something I wouldn't have known, unless I, like someone else, had decided to eat a box of our chocolates over the weekend, and torn into the beautifully wrapped Sees box.)

Not so bad of a thing, all things considered. I took down the note and added it to my little collection of love notes from my boss. It is now taped beside yesterday's- which includes profanity so I won't type it out here.

This has already been a long week. Yesterday I scanned through 10,000 names/addresses looking for doubles. I have a few thousand more to do today before passing off the mailing list to the printers.

It's weeks like this I am most grateful to have my sister here, working for the same man as me, so we can both just laugh (borderline insanity-type laughs) and press through together. I brought her breakfast. She made me coffee. And on we go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow, there's just nothing worse than a bi-polar boss. My word.

Kristin Kelly said...

Actually Kim, there is something worse than a bi-polar boss... A narcissistic bi-polar boss who has paralyzing anxiety and can't remember what he did 15 minutes ago and thoroughly enjoys screwing with peoples' heads. lol. I only wish I were exaggerating.

P.S. He is pretty excited to meet you. : )

Katrina - thanks. And it's true. They can't beat ust together.