Friday, January 28, 2011

Last night I sat outside alone for 15 minutes. I took my longboard out for a few minutes I had before I needed to be in the church for homegroup. I road to the end of the lot, and then just sat on it where no one could see me. I watched the sky. Watched people pull up, hug, greet, walk inside. I just sat there alone, reflecting on all the tears I've spilt in that parking lot. The things I've said goodbye to. And last night, I said another goodbye. And I became re-aquainted with the muchness of me (Alice in Wonderland reference). All the while watching quietly this world that's so much bigger than what I see.

Favorite pastime: sitting alone outside. I'll never tire of sitting on a sidewalk or street (or now, my longboard... gotta say, it's great to have my own little seat no matter where I go.) :) Little did my family know, that little 4 year old girl, in just a swimsuit, with a dirty butt from sitting wherever she pleased, and a crazy mess of hair... would still be happy 20 years later to do just the same thing. In the summer sunshine, a crisp fall morning, or a starlit night.

No comments: