Thursday, January 13, 2011

I was journalling last night, in a special journal I rarely write in. In the front cover, I found a single page tucked in. It's a list I made back before college. I don't know exactly when I wrote it, except that it is clearly before I started school at UW, looks like the end of MCs, or the summer between.

My name is on the top, followed by about 20 things I want to do in my life. A few I have already accomplished, like:
-study literature/ go to college
-learn a foreign language

A good deal of them are long-term goals I can't achieve just yet...

One of them is kick-boxing. Back in Junior High, Elise and I both decided we wanted to start taking kick boxing classes. I chuckled when I saw it on this post-high school list. I've never done it, but each year I say I will.

Today, I saw a deal for kick boxing classes. I bought them. Twenty (60-75 min) classes to use over the next year. The studio is in Issaquah, so I will probably be taking them each Saturday morning. (I already called and spoke with someone there to confirm times/restrictions/culture of the class).

Again, this year just feels different. How remarkable that so many silly little dreams are suddenly seeming easy, and real!

As for other dreams, some of those are seeming harder than ever to keep living, without their presence. It is like the fulfilment of these little dreams and desires just feed the awakening of the greater ones in my heart. It's made me cry more than once this new year.

Oh Lord, what does this year hold?

No comments: