Thursday, January 13, 2011

Work today has been highly entertaining. Or rather, LBL has.

The morning started out with an entire discussion on some court case (not a case we are handling, just one he read and wants me to read now so we can discuss it more).

I walked out, and Kristin (who'd been laughing from her cubicle) and I both agreed he was just trying to see how different her and I are. He had actually just commented on it before diving into the case discussion. In the same conversation he also told me "I don't think you are so much a thinker, as a romantic. You aren't the type to sit and argue through all the logic, as to sit and imagine." He didn't mean it as an insult. And truth be told, he was somewhat right... the point I think he was trying to sort out. He's become comfortable referring to me as a 'cold intellectual' or a 'retro intellectual.'

Cold? I think not. But I think that is his description of my stiffness in some things. He's also called me 'rigid' on several occasions now. At first he told me I was too rigid, as of last week, he told me I'm rigid in all the right ways. (That's when he was trying to set me up with his son).

Every interaction we've had over the past 2 days has been him playing some sort of a mind game. He loves to say things and see if people will react the way he expects or not. He's always watching, manipulating, moving. It sounds a bit disturbing, but I actually sort of enjoy it.

I try not to manipulate, but I'm similar in that I am far more of an observer than people realize. I love to study people, and to get to know them. I love being surprised by them, but I also love when I find consistency in a person's character. Anyways- it's fun to read him, while he reads me. Both of us playing, and usually only letting it out by a smile or laugh when we're caught.

No comments: