Wednesday, April 06, 2011

"I believe in hope and laughter and things spun from sugar and the dream that I can one day wake up and be seamlessly graceful. I believe in bumping knees and cracking knuckles and crinkling eyes and bare feet and eyes deep with color and scrawled words and sketches and etched meaning. I believe in God and suburbia and magazines sopping with water when it rains and spaghetti dinners and pastel colored tablecloths. I believe in books, thick and hardbacked with soft pages and full words. I believe in the inescability of love and I believe in palms creased and fingers pressed and hands swinging in some motion that does not at all feel shallow. I believe in pizza and fruit punch and hot chocolate and singing loud and clear and unwavering. I believe in pretending that I’m a beautiful dancer. I believe in wearing ski hats indoors and big green fleece blankets and board games and family and the generalities and the details of it all. I believe in words and cherry Popsicles and sharpened pencils. I believe in love, not now but one day. I believe in myself and you, whoever or where ever you are, or who you one day may be, or who you are now finding, or who you love, or what you love. I believe in the core of you, the smiles and words and feelings that compose you, and I believe in some connection, weak and wavering but present, within us all." Written by AWordNerd.

No comments: