Friday, April 01, 2011

One of the most impacting things I have ever heard (in person) came from Lou Engle. He said, "Pay close attention to your tears; your tears lead you to your destiny."

On that same note, I think I'd add: pay attention to where you go after those tears, your tears also lead you to your dearest friends.

When I feel the most raw and vulnerable, when I feel a lot is hanging in the balance, or my heart just needs to heal and rest, or it is in the middle of a heavy battle, I feel drawn to certain people. I long to spend time with them. Time with them is like fresh water. I find peace, strength, wisdom or perspective.


Elise and Jeff are definitely some of these people. I treasure the times I get with them, and their beautiful little daughter, who already seems to somehow embody the best of them in her content and joyful little personality.


Again, so grateful. So blessed by the things layed out for me by my Creator, and my caring parents, like a friend before I was even born... literally.

*Auri is being dedicated this Sunday, if you are wondering what sparked this. ;)

I love this woman!! And her incredible family. <3

2 comments:

samara said...

She is? Out in Monroe? Little Ross is getting dedicated as well =)

Katrina Hope said...

Yeah, I just heard he was too... apparently they are doing it the same week. Guess I will see you Sunday then. ;)