Monday, September 10, 2012

You know when you watch a movie or a show with another person - and they've seen it before - and you haven't.  Sometimes that other person will overrun you in such a way that you feel none of the experience is new or special.  They've already thought it, seen it, loved it, obssessed over it and you basically end up wishing you hadn't seen it?  Is that just me who sometimes gets that feeling?  Well, I do.  And it's probably got a lot to do with my pride or something.  And I have to make sure I don't do it to others too when I watch films that I've seen and they haven't. 

Well, sometimes, you watch a show with someone who's seen it before - and you don't feel any of that.  They are quietly grinning next to you, and you're just glad they're there.  Glad they've seen it before, but are watching it again with you.  I realized this morning I have one of those people in my life.  And I think I'll keep him around for a while.  He's better than anyone I know at letting people be and enjoy.  Something about his presense just makes people comfortable and confident.  Gosh, his girlfriend must be super lucky.  And you can say I'm biased, but if you've met him you won't.


**Confession: I was doing the obnoxious "What's  happening? Wait - what is in the newspaper?! Are we going to find out?!" for a lot of the first episode.  I'm pretty sure he didn't love it.  And I can't blame him, because I hate when people do that to me.  Ask the question that they're obviously not supposed to know the answer to yet... and if I have the answer from having seen the movie, they will soon enough too.
"What's in the paper?"
"I don't know."
"Are we ever going to find out!?"
"Nope."
"What?! How annoying is that!!?"
"So annoying."
"Are you lying?"
"Absolutely."
"Gah!"

2 comments:

samara said...

FINALLY getting around to it?! I thought that Meg would have lovingly force-fed you by now ;)

Well... good for you, because season 3 is coming!! =)

Unknown said...

I love that I can totally picture this conversation!