Thursday, September 06, 2012


I can't stop thinking about fall.  Let's be honest.  It's here.  It's sunny and warm, but fall is all over in the air.  Leaves have already begun falling in Seattle.  And a little birdie told me the Pumpkin Spice Latte is available.  It's fall.  And I couldn't be happier.  Been plotting about fall decorations all morning. Been day dreaming about walks and scarves.  I looked in my closet yesterday and thought, "Finally, the season I dress for."  My closet looks like a pile of Autumn leaves - burnt oranges, greens, one or two yellows speckled.  Mostly browns, tans and grays.  And basically all, sweaters.  :)  Let's sit down and chat over a hot drink, take a walk, find every potentially crunchy leaf with our boots, add pumpkin to any and every possible recipe.  Let's let the nights come as quick as they please, and the mornings linger.  We'll share them all - let the night skies grow dark and the inner lights burn warm and long inside our homes.  Let Seattle become an ember.  

Autumn has always been my favorite - it's the climate my heart feels most comfortable.  But this year, I have my own home to decorate.  A very special roomie to relish it with.  And a Beau to share it with.  Fall, if I can figure out how to hug you - I'll throw my arms around you wide!  I've been having fun with Summer and all, but secretly my ears been listening for your feet at the door.  Unlike Summer, you're rarely late, and you never disappoint me.  You're here.  And I'm going to decorate the house and throw you a party!  I think tonight I'll toast to you.  You're more than a guest - you're family.  You're in all my favorite memories.  And I think this year we'll make a few favorite more.

No comments: