Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!



Today is a very special birthday for my Dad-- he's entering into his 7th decade! (no- that is not 70--- think about it). It is important to him that it be discussed this way, because he hates 6s and loves 7s. :) I love my dad :)

My purity ring has 6 diamonds in it, and this was very concerning to us as we sat at dinner after placing it on my finger. We determined it was right though- since my 7th diamond (the number of perfection and completion) would come most likely in my engagement ring.. (or dad, you could buy me one more- and then it would be my 8th from "the man" and it would be 'New Beginnings'! That's an idea! ;) just kidding)

Back to my daddy....

You are pretty incredible dad! You have given us girls so many incredible pieces of wisdom, the best memories and talks, and even a few bad habits (heeheee). You know how much all your girls love you- and that "your girls" extend beyond your own.


I love how you've 'played' with us growing up- you have taught us to be strong young girls, and also to laugh and enjoy family and friends and life. You've teased and tickled, and read, and prayed (at 2am!). I love who you are and am so grateful the Lord gave us you as a dad :) (or gave you, us as daughters).

I know your friends love you too- I love watching you and your 'buddy,'- Uncle John. Or you and cousin Cort. I love seeing them tease you, heeeheee. ;) I enjoy watching others enjoy being with you like I do.

Above all else, you've taught us to love the Lord, always seek His word for answers, and to love family. Always forgive, and never give up....

..You are building a good legacy for your family Dad. Thank you!

Happy Birthday- We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Sarah said...

I like the picture at the ocean... very nice... and it sounds like you'll be there again this year!

Unknown said...

I'm bummed I missed out on lunch with dad at the Maltby Cafe. I wish I was there with you all to celebrate. But I guess it was best I was here recovering from this nasty virus anyway. I love you dad!