Wednesday, April 02, 2008


Yes, I am in Las Vegas for a big wireless show my company is exhibiting at. I have been tired, very tired. Most everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong...from the hotel insisting they didn't get faxed the credit card forms (which almost meant losing all our hotel rooms on a week it is booked out), the fedex shipment not arriving until today (due Monday), the electricity in our booth not working all day Monday (show opened on Tuesday and our booth needed to be set up), our collateral didn't arrive until the show had been open for an hour and a half...our suites were wrong and we had to pull teeth to get them to give us the ones we actually reserved (we moved rooms 4x on Monday!) And so on....lol. It has been almost laughable.

Despite that, it has all gotten worked out...And I am getting to see a new city. NOT MY FAVORITE, but it's exciting nonetheless. It is certainly a vision at night- so many lights, and incredible fountains....also so dirty (in all the senses of the word). Last night a few of us got to go to a private party (a glorified shmoozing & networking event), which was held on the top floor of the Palms...apparently a current hot spot. The view was incredible! The roof was retractable, and there was also this incredible patio area which I took these pics from. It was 10:30 at night, and rather warm, and completely beautiful.



Tomorrow is the last day of the show, thank goodness. The next one's in san francisco...a city I DO love, I can hardly wait! :)

I will see you all soon. And now...I am going to take a nap.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So how did last night turn out? I felt so bad I missed your call, I took a hot shower to try and get a good nights sleep. Didn't work, we had a huge thunderstorm last night that woke me up and kept me up for a while. I haven't had one solid nights sleep in like a week, its getting old. Did you stay at the show? Did you get back to the hotel ok? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yikes that does sound bad! I miss you and Im glad you are coming home soon!
Love Rosie