Thursday, April 17, 2008




I changed my outfit a bit this morning (from what I'd laid out last night) because the forecast called for rain, and the sky this morning looked like rain (lots of it)...and I wanted to wear my rain boots.

I keep them in the back of my car (with a few other important things- like a swim suit, and hot chocolate mix, a toothbrush, and a sleeping bag, etc. aka my "emergency kit"). So, I threw on some brown shoes as I walked out to leave, planning to change into my boots once i got to the bus stop.

As I walked to the bus, I looked down at my feet, at my brown rocketdogs.

Glad i changed my outfit, lol.

Other thought right now- stupid people annoy me. I know that is SO terrible to say- but this girl just made the most ignorant comment about Christianity- like her comment was EXACTLY innacurate- so much so that the teacher assumed she meant the opposite statement and treated it as such- and the girl herself didn't realize and restated her point again. She commented on how the work of literature we are reading at first starts like the bible (she said it reminded her of Moses coming down from the mountain- in reality- it mirrors Christ coming down from heaven and becoming man)- but that is stopped being like the Bible as the main character decided that he wanted "companionship" and decided to gather a few followers----- YES, this is one of the biggest allusion TO THE BIBLE, as the teacher is actually gathering "disciples"> her point was wrong- all you had to do was even watch a movie on Jesus to know that he had disciples....if even a movie.

Sorry, it made me laugh a little- but more, her complete ignorance and willingness to "make her point" irked me! Don't talk when you are completely ignorant on the topic-- or as the Proverb says "Even a fool is thought wise if he stays silent" > Kati's translation: if you are stupid, don't talk, and at least you are wise in that decision.

I love people, I do. But Lord, help me to love the stupid people. I seem to meet the most here at college....where they all are convinced they are geniuses! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, stupid people. Jason's favorite type of people. God Bless the stupid people :-).

Rachel Sarah said...

... perhaps we should start with the 150,000 people in Seattle this weekend hanging on every stupid word from the mouth of the Dalai Lama!

Katrina Hope said...

Seriously!! You know he came to UW?! I was not happy about that...I AM not happy about that.