Friday, April 18, 2008

Rachel and Kim especially....

I have heard a LOT about this book lately- including several grown men crying in public places while reading it. So, while I was picking up my last couple school books yesterday, I grabbed it too.

By the way, if you ever are craving a nasty look from someone else- I mean, a real glance that sends loudly your way "You must be barbaric! You awful person you!" Yes, if you are wishing someone would give you
that kind of expression...go ask the woman (or man) at the customer service kiosk of the University Bookstore (on campus) if they could look up "The Shack"- or any book which is labeled "Christian Fiction" will do. Lol. She looked it up, and then I asked her what category it was listed as (since I did not know the author and was slightly concerned what issues another book entitled "The Shack" might discuss). "Christian Fiction" she announced, annoyed, and then she added "I'm not sure we even have that section anymore." I agreed "I certainly never knew you did!" She walked me over and we found it, she handed it to me and was gone rather quickly from sight. lol. Oh the joys of being a Christian on campus- such unending joy (I am not being sarcastic now- that really made me pretty heartily happy).

That said- this book is supossed to be incredible- sounds like the sort of writing I want to do- fiction that draws you into God's presense. I am hoping to get to read it next weekend. It's rather short and a pretty easy read...so if you are looking for a great book that draws you in and kneels you right in His arms...I believe this may be the book.

Again, I am passing along a recommendation- I have yet to read it myself. If you have read it- please leave a quick comment for the others who might be interested- BUT NO SPOILERS please!!! I'll be sure to write again when I have read it myself.

Love ya.

2 comments:

Rachel Sarah said...

ahhhh... thanks for addressing a posting to me. :) Sounds like a good addition to my growing stack of June-Vacation-at-Deception-Pass-Reads. Let me know how you like it. Right now, I'm FORCING myself to refrain from "pleasure reading" until I've completed my two classes... time is ticking away and I have several papers to write.

Anonymous said...

hey both my parents read that book just this week and they LOVED it! they read it in like 2 days. i hope to read it myself soon.
~ash