Thursday, April 22, 2010

I need to write a limerick. A customer at my starbucks just gave me the assignment. Then he proceeded to tell me how he was a published poet.... wow, did Kristin come to work with me? ;)

In an interview last week, my sister was asked, "Tell me something interesting about you." To which she responded, "Well, I've been published. I don't really care, but it kills my sister who wants to be a writer, so I like to rub it in." She got a laugh. If you ask me, that was a brilliant response in so many ways. I just got a laugh too, when I told it to my customer as the explanation of my slightly bitter face to him.

This morning has been great. It's been busy, and tiring and a little long, but it's been one piece of a great week. Last night, at the last moment, Theresa and I ended up finally watching The Young Elizabeth (loved it!) and then I just slept over since we opened together this morning- yep, bright and early for us. It's always wonderful when I get time to spend with T (while not at work). Rare, but wonderful.

Now, I'm studying at CP Sbux until my long-awaited lunch date with Kim (Rankin)!! Then it's a fun afternoon with Els, and then homegroup! I'm telling you- this is a great week! I continue to be blessed by time with amazing people- the greatest in fact. I love the friendships I have- and how they continue to grow.

The Lord is still speaking to me about not trying to figure things out- and I keep failing as I catch myself trying to uncover information. I don't need to know, not right now. I just need to enjoy where I am, as Kristin reminded me yesterday.

Also, I need to repent over and over and over and beg for my dad's forgiveness for forgetting HIS BIRTHDAY yesterday!!!! :( Love you. Mean it.

I have the greatest dad- truly. Those of you who know him, know his wonderful sense of humor, his forgiving ways, his caring heart, his endearing grumpiness, and the way he ultimately melts. He's not one to be walked on, but he's been so good with us girls to listen and learn and at times, apologize. My dad has taught me two incredible lessons: 1. be strong, don't back down. 2. apologize, forgive, and value love more than being right. From the earliest of days, I've tried to match him stubborn will for stubborn will... and from almost as early, I've followed in his other tendency- forgive and apologize quick. Supposedly, there is a picture of little 4 year old me face-off with my daddy- both our wrinkled foreheads in full display. I love those two features of our relationship. They are certainly two of the top qualities I'll be looking for in the 'other' man of my life. I love you daddy. Thanks for teaching me to be strong- and all the ways that means.

(XXOO Kati Lady).

4 comments:

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theresa said...

Busted! I didn't realize I was still logged on when I went to comment on your post. I tried to delete all evidence but that didn't work out. Anyway, I had a fantastic time hanging out with you as well buddy! But for the record we watched The Young Victoria, not Elizabeth. Unless of course we watched different movies ;)
-Theresa

Katrina Hope said...

HAHA. I am such a nerd at times. And YAY- I finally can find your blog now! :)

Kristin Kelly said...

I think that is a pretty good description of dad. I like it. I agree. Love you dad. Sorry you just keep getting older and older. : )