Thursday, April 15, 2010

UIE at Habitat for Humanity.

I spent the day in Issaquah Highlands. It turned out beautiful!! I organized a company volunteer day for my office, and while I was excited for it, I still thought it would be a long day. It really wasn't. I ended up enjoying time with my manager and a great woman from Habitat, Liz Nixon. It was daunting to consider how little we accomplished, but still nice to know we gave our time to something that won't benefit us... but will serve a family who needs it. It was also nice to get face time with my manager, and in a less stressful situation. She's a wonderful woman, and I enjoy getting to know her. I am so blessed in both of my workplaces to have wonderful managers and coworkers.

Then, my dear friend Elsa met me in Issaquah with running gear and I got to enjoy an unexpected beautiful run and sidewalk chat. It was delightful, and the perfect way to spend a piece of my afternoon today. I've been pressing hard the past couple weeks and I couldn't afford to become unfocused. Now, I have passed off the task I had to do, and today was like a celebration. I did it. I've risked. I've dreamt, and I've done it while awake. I've gained another little piece of courage. Thank you Lord! :)

Life is beautiful. Fact. And the most beautiful expressions, experiences and emotions also take courage. So I am learning.

No comments: