Monday, April 12, 2010



Ever wonder what was running through David's armor bearer's mind when he decided they could take their enemy? Or when the armies of Israel first realized in some battle, "Hey- we're routing them- He's actually doing it!" Or when David was selecting his five smooth stones?

I think I might have just shared their thought. "He could do this." "He just MIGHT really do this!" That turning moment, when you look up and look out and realize something is shifting in front of you. It's probably the thought Peter had when he put his feet on the water- about two seconds before he looked down.

I stepped out in obedience. But it's like NOW I'm having that shifting moment where I'm realizing God could totally do this. Sounds ridiculous, right? Of course He can. But when you've allowed yourself to dream something impossible, and then suddenly, in your deepest heart, you start to truly believe He's willing and able and He just might use you to do it- that's the most amazing LIFE-full moment I've experienced yet. I don't have to stand on a cliff, ride on a roller coaster, kiss a boy or jump from a plane to feel alive- I just have to believe that the God of the universe put these passions in my heart, these dreams in my mind and these words in my mouth and that He is planning to accomplish them through the vessel He's hidden them in. It's the glory of God to conceal a matter! It's the glory of God to conceal a matter in the heart of a young woman and watch her wrestle with it, cry for it, fast for it, hunger for it, and one day believe it. It's the glory of kings to seek that mystery out- it will be my glory to watch that mystery break out of this broken vessel that's been carrying it around for years.

Hey guys, it could happen. He just might do it. And I have a feeling... He's already begun it.

Linda, I think I'm suddenly realizing what "alert expectancy" means... yes, these tears seem to confirm it. I asked this morning, "God, what does it mean for me to live in alert expectancy? Alert for what? What am I supposed to be expecting? WHAT?"

"For me to actually accomplish the dreams of your heart Kati- the dreams of OUR hearts Kati."

1 comment:

Elsa Juliet Walker said...

Favorite... "dreams of OUR hearts"

Daddy gave me these scriptures this morning...
Pro 23:18 There is surely a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.

Pro 23:26 My son, give me your heart
and let your eyes keep to my ways,

Pro 24:13 Eat honey, my son, for it is good;
honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.
Pro 24:14 Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul;
if you find it, there is a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.

AND I just found this one when searching "future" 25 "You, my God, have revealed to your servant that you will build a house for him. So your servant has found courage to pray to you. 26 O LORD, you are God! You have promised these good things to your servant. 27 Now you have been pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, O LORD, have blessed it, and it will be blessed forever." -David

mmm :) miss K, I'm so excited for what He's going to do and what He's doing!