Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Objective: I recently wrote, “I used to think letting a dream die was the hardest thing, now I’m seeing keeping one alive is an even greater fight.” I am passionate about writing a book that changes the world, that stops human trafficking and murders and rapes and tells abandoned children they are not forgotten. But how to get there? Today, I write a blog that changes the lives of the 30-60 daily readers who travel there by reminding them they are wonderful. Today, I change the world of the homeless who wait at Union Station Park, less by giving them a sandwhich and more by listening to their story. Today, I change the technology world that UIEvolution reaches by connecting them to a powerful, caring company. Today, I change the world of the customer I chat with every morning at Starbucks and the coworkers I labor beside. And today, I change the world of the two young girls who sit broken-hearted upstairs, by assuring them through my actions that I will be there when they need me. My objective is to be faithful to love and serve and write wherever I am, and to keep taking the steps that lead me to a greater larger community to whom I can write and serve. It is a story that tells the past, sneaks to where no person can see, and can change the steps a person takes. I will write that story, and when I do the community I have served will listen. Keeping this dream alive is a fight, but nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.

~~~~~~

I am working on writing my CV and a personal statement for some big scholarships. It is both hard, and encouraging to sit and be forced to write in words "This is who I am" and "This is who I will be." It takes courage. And to one who believes in the beauty, fragility, and power of words, it is a glorious moment.

No comments: