Saturday, April 03, 2010

The blessed weekend. The rundown.

Yesterday: The long awaited sipping chocolate date with the beautiful, sweet Rose. Delightful. Then, I worked, then went to a movie with some amazing friends from work, who continue to graft themselves deeper into my heart. Then, more friends... some I haven't really had time with in months it seems.

This morning, work felt more like just another fun day. Opening with my good friend Theresa (T.), chatting about tonight, singing to Buble, and laughing at Stephen (another amazing co-worker, I love him more every shift). The morning turned even BETTER when T returned from her lunch with a white bag- that's right, she'd run to The French Bakery on her lunch and returned with almond chocolate croissants for Steve and I. She really IS the best. I spent my break sipping a cappuccino and eating the most yummy croissant in the State!

I couldn't believe when I checked the clock and realized I was off in 4 minutes! I thought I had at least another hour.

BUT, it got even better. As I walked across the street toward my car I heard my name shouted. Looking over, who did I see? Morgan Gilbert and Adam Carpenter!! I miss their faces! They'd brought Adam's parents to Carillon and we just caught each other. After introductions, hugs, and pictures I was on my way again.... smiling.

Now it's chores, work (UIE), maybe a run (!), and then MICHAEL BUBLE and dinner with more of my dearest friends. This is an unbelievable weekend. I'll take it over last weekend, several times over. ;)


(My nails are even painted- it's felt like months since the last time I was able to paint my nails thanks to Starbucks dresscode. I feel dressed up already.)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sounds wonderful!!
Love you KK!!