Saturday, June 02, 2012

I love that when I go to post on my own blog, it tells me, "Please prove you are not a robot" and makes me type in all those letters and numbers.  And I'm pretty sure what it is looking for is for me to fail, and thereby prove my humanity because I'm pretty certain I'm screwing it up every time and yet it still publishes my comment.  That, or I am an excellent robot.  And I would be, if I were one.  I would not be your common everyday pretend you are human robot.  No sir reee.

In other news, I'm finally unpacking my car from camping.  Don't judge me.  Yes, it smells like ripe bananas.  Not over-ripe, just ripe.  It's kind of nice.  Except that it's a reminder to me that there is a tub full of food in my car that needs to be explored, perhaps exposed of, and otherwise extricated from my back seat.  (I'm totally impressed I just used the word extricated, and spelt it right.  Bam.  Nailed it.  I know, I just lost all the impression I'd made on you by using it, when I admitted my own.)

Off to do some good chores, but first, did you know that today is the birthday of my amazing Mumsy?  It is.  I don't know where she is, but she's off someplace celebrating with my dad and ignoring the three children they brought into this world.  I suppose a mother should be allowed to celebrate as she so chooses.  It is also the birthday of one of my oldest best friends - Robbie Bobbie Mcboberson Eugene Hale.  (I don't know, don't ask.)   He was in the room when I was born, wish I could have returned the favor, but, you know how that goes.  Glad he's been there for me since day one.  Also glad he let me and my sis dress him up like a girl with lipstick in elementary.... too bad his mom didn't love it as much as us. :/ And finally, 3 years ago today I hung out with a sweet Californian blondie to celebrate her birthday.  She's remarkable.  I've loved being best friends with her in the years since.

Happy Birthday Mom, Rob, & Megs!! You've each changed my life so much - obviously you the most, Mumsy.  Thanks for choosing to be my Mom!  Love you!!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

The killers - when they are at dinner and she starts talking in a robot voice. One of my FAV scenes in almost any movie. Die every time.. anyway love you :)

Toni

Anonymous said...

"spelled".. not "spelt".. ;-)