Thursday, August 09, 2012

Guess who scored a goal last night?  And guess who's beau had the beautiful assist?  :)

Minus the ridiculous yellow card it was a great game.  Oh sorry, did I mention that card?  (John is thinking, oh no, here she goes again..)  I was sent off the field with a yellow card.  Apparently some of the team was amazed - one girl said I was one of two people on our team she least expected to get a card.  That was almost enough to make me laugh.  I am little.  There is no doubt about that.  And I'm not a "dangerous" player.  In fact in my older years, I'm a far safer player.  I have a bad back and silly neck and it's just not worth it usually to risk it against a 30 year-old guy who has a lot to prove in his near-middle age days.  But, I have had my share of cards, believe you me.  And there is something great about the feeling of walking off the field with a well-deserved card.  I don't mean a bad attitude, or an aim to hurt someone... I just mean, you let them know you're there, and you're not afraid.  It could have been more about telling them exactly that, or it could have been about throwing yourself out there in order to give everything to get that goal.  It's wonderful.  You're not a good player if you aren't getting a foul here and there. 

But last night, was not that.

  (more to come...)

1 comment:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

are you kidding me?? on the more later part..... you're killing me! ugggg! I wish i was there last night to catch the action....

And yes every once in a while you gotta lay the lumber down and let them know you are there....you got elbows....use'em.