Monday, August 13, 2012

This was a very full and wonderful weekend.  With the memorial service, celebrating Pastor Dennis Trout.  A very intense, and impacting evening.  I don't think anyone could have walked away with a lot of reflection and analysis of our own lives.  It was an incredible time to celebrate a man who affected a lot of lives. 

The rest of the weekend included unexpected dinner with the Sittigs and Carpenters, sleeping in, lunch with my sis, stargazing and the second best meteor shower I've seen, coffee, games, antiquing, a cool new shelf the beau built, and an evening picking up my parents from their trip of a lifetime and seeing the first hour or so of their films.  It was largely unplanned and all quite wonderful. 

I hope deep conversations and good friends found their way into your weekend too.  And perhaps if you were as lucky, you also managed to knock a few things off the to-do list along the way.

No comments: