Sunday, August 26, 2012

There are so many things I just can't say right now.  Hopefully, given a few more days there will be the opportunity to communicate them clearly to you all.

I spent yesterday with two of my favorite people, Megs & John.  We got coffee, wandered the Fremont library hit the Mexican food truck by our house (delicious), oh yes and found John a new apartment.  He decided he wanted to start looking around, I'd rounded up 4 to look at this weekend.  By number two, he was taken.  I'm pretty in love with the place myself and they'll allow him to paint and decorate and do all he wants.  Which guess what that means?  I get to paint and decorate and do all I want. :) (Thank you, John.)  I LOVE decorating! And I love painting! And I've always wanted to decorate a guy's place - so many fun things that I couldn't ever do with my own.

After filling out forms and checks, the three of us met up with my sister and her boyfriend and helped move her to her new place.  Conveniently, all these "new apartments" are within 5 minutes of my own. I'm a pretty big fan of that.  I'm hunting for places for a few more friends who are considering the move to Ballard/ Fremont.  :)

It's the season of moving.  Lately, it seems almost every weekend there is someone to help move.  Last weekend it was two of John's friends.  This weekend Kristin.  Next weekend... John? :)

We spent part of time driving around memorializing all the big changes that have happened in each of our lives this year already.  Meg graduated school, decided for sure to stay in Washington, moved and got a new roommate (me!) and started a new full-time job.  I started a new job, moved out, and started a relationship.  John conveniently started a new relationship as well, went to Spain, got a promotion, bought a motorcycle, and little did we know as we were talking, he'd be about to decide to move too in the next 15 minutes.

A lot has happened this year - I think for all of us - if we take a moment to assess and memorialize this year.  We have a lot to celebrate, my friends.  A lot to be grateful about.  A lot to memorialize.  The Lord has done great things for us.

No comments: