Tuesday, August 28, 2012



I get to see my sissy in THREE DAYS!


Counting down the days until our next visits has become a regular (and important) part of living with my sister in Nashville.  Typically, each summer I visit her and at least once a year she visits here.  We're lucky to get to see each other twice a year (sometimes more), I know there are others who see their loved ones less often, but still goodbyes never get easier. 
The weeks leading up to our next visit become bright spots in the year.  And this time we only had to wait a little over two months between our trips.  It made saying goodbye in Nashville this past July a little easier.  It was truly just a "see you soon." 

My sisters started going to the Ellensburg rodeo together back in the early 2000's.  And soon brought me in on the annual trip to begin a sister tradition.  The last time we went was just after Kim & Jason were married.  When Kim mentioned flying back for a little renewal this year, I couldn't have been happier.  This little heart feeds on family traditions and the ones that have nothing to do with a holiday are kind of like Halloween candy in September.  (early candy, not old candy. let's be clear.)


The Red Sox happen to be in town over Labor Day as well, so Jason was even more supportive of the idea.  Three more days and I'll have a weekend of festivities with my sissies and our beaus - and some amazing time with my crazy wonderful family all together.  A treat usually saved for Christmas. 

Sister trip to Vegas - 2010

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am just NOW catching up on these posts! Sheesh!