Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I got home from work Yesterday to find my family watching While You Were Sleeping and doing a puzzle- and Jason & Dad at it at some boardgame (I think Chess). Awww, I love my family's holiday ways. I don't necessarily care for puzzles myself, but I always get sucked in because I feel I have to contribute.... plus, lets be honest, I have always hated being left out. Whatever is going on, I want to be a part of it. ALL the more when it comes to a family tradition... thus, 'I puzzle.'

They then started Marley & Me... I left early on to shower and get ready for a potential hang-out with friends. I even did my hair. (I know, I know). I came back to find just Kris and my dad watching the movie. I sat down. Mistake.

I bawled. I haven't bawled like that in a long time. I don't even know what it was. We had a dog die when I was a little girl, over Christmas. For this reason, you'd think maybe my dad wouldn't have brought THAT movie home over Christmas. It was just Kris and I at the end of the film and what started as little trickles down my cheek turned into heaving. Kris started laughing at me, when made me start laughing, only I was genuinely bawling... my cheeks were wet, my chin was dripping, my hair (which I'd just blow-dried) was all sticking to my wet cheek.

I got up and went into the other room to blow my nose and try to collect myself. I looked at my red eyes in the mirror and started laughing-crying again, my eyes were SO red. And upon hearing me blow my nose, Kris started laughing all over.

My dad came down as it finished and Kris told him about his blabbering baby of a youngest daughter (23 years old I might add). He didn't believe us, "I heard you two laughing from upstairs" and Kris lost it laughing again.....

After that, I was not in the emotional state for a thriller of a movie, so I went up stairs and read. For the next 5 hours, I read. All dressed up, with my hair blown out (girls, you know how long it can take to blow out your hair with a round brush...), I read. It was actually a very nice evening. When Kim and Jason returned to find me sitting on the couch all alone, dressed to go out, they kinda chuckled too.

Around 10 my dad joined me in the living room, where we read and drank hot chocolate for a couple more hours.

Today, after a morning of working from home, we are off to Avatar! Can't wait...

2 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

You getting dressed up to read reminds me of a scene in Marvin's Room when the little grandma gets all dressed up to watch her favorite soap opera. lol. We are not in our twenties sister...we are in our eighties.

Katrina Hope said...

I told you, one of the most terrible feelings in the world is finding the man of your dreams- and then having to shut the book on him. I had to look my prettiest, we only had 300some pages to be together... ;)