Friday, December 25, 2009



Kim & Jason are on a plane here, phew.

We've decided to postpone Christmas one day so we can still enjoy all our traditions with them---

Merry Christmas Eve (again)!

I hope you all have a wonderful day with your families, loving on each other and thanking God for the incredible gift of salvation, and relationship with Him.

If you get a chance this holiday season, read through not only the story of Jesus's birth, but of when He calls His disciples. We read it a few weeks ago and I was so moved by the unique ways He drew each of them. I started to cry when He spoke to Phillip, Phillip who had been faithful and righteous all his life--- he had been living under the old law and suddenly he met his heart's desire, Jesus Christ, Immanuel extended relationship to him. He told Phillip who he was. Phillip wanted to be sure it was true and when he returned with a question, Jesus provided evidence. Aww, Jesus called the seekers.

I cannot even imagine what Phillip must have felt. Only in a small measure can I relate when I think of the pieces of God I haven't yet seen, and the measure of relationship I haven't yet received - I just can't help but cry with such joy and gratefulness and love when I think of the moment when a world who'd longed for their king suddenly were offered friendship and eternal life. Not many were faithful while they waited, but Phillip was.

I'd like to be like Phillip, and I want to relate to Jesus with that same overwhelming love every day, and I want to wait faithfully in obedience and righteousness for the fullness of that love to come. And today, I want to celebrate the birth, life and crucifixion of my God and King: His sacrifices that restored me.

I'm praying this holiday season changes each of us for the better, and draws us closer to our Savior & King.

I love you all- Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Kristin Kelly said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE this picture.

Katrina Hope said...

Thing 1 and Thing 2.