Sunday, December 13, 2009

On nights like tonight, when I realize just how much I need to memorize for my architecture final, and that I've somehow lost the papers I need to revise for my honors english, and that I still haven't even begun studying for my astronomy final...

on these nights...

It's amazing how happy a good black pen can make me. As I'm sitting here writing out all my architecture sites, my favorite one was dying on me and I was about to put on my shoes and go to the store to buy a new one. First, I asked my mom. I walked out to her at the computer and held up my dying warrior, "Mom, do you happen to have one of these?" She opened up the drawer right in front of her and pulled one out and handed it to me. The smile spread across my face as I asked in disbelief, "REALLY?"

She then told me we have a whole drawer of them in the library. Christmas came early.

As I walked back to my room I let her know "I was just about to put on my shoes and go buy one." From my desk in my room I heard her reply, "Okay Tom Kelly."

What can I say, Kris may be right.... I am pretty much my dad, in a little girl's body. When the world is crumbling around me and I feel anxiety about to set in, I take out a blank piece of white paper (this is NOT like Dad, he needs lines) and a crisp black pen that makes lines so sharp and dark I feel those lines may actually be able to cut through all my troubles.

I have quite a few troubles to face tonight.... good thing I've got reserves in the library. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREAK.

Unknown said...

Yeah you're worse than me. Way worse.

Katrina Hope said...

Kim, I may or may not be. Finals "intensifies your personality" (to quote Bill Cosby).

Kristin, :P

Kristin Kelly said...

I think I am going to refer to this when I get down on myself or overwhelmed by trying to change the world.

Katrina Hope said...

wait, explain, Kristin...

Anonymous said...

Excellent source for quotes, Kris!