Friday, May 28, 2010

Let me know if you want to contribute- we are hoping to surprise them this weekend. If we can, we are trying to find the apartments they are moving into so we can deliver the deposit directly. Braden and I went down to Connections today (an office across the street from Union Station park, which helps homeless individuals and couples find employment and housing), and they seemed to confirm what we know of the Walkers. Though they are not allowed to give personal information, the man at the front desk's face lit up when I mentioned Darren and Rhonda. They told us we should contact the Walkers directly to find out the housing information- that was our goal for today but I don't believe they checked their voicemail today (I left the message yesterday evening- my fault). 

I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks to those of you who have already communicated you'd like to help them- I'm so excited to see them blessed!!! They really are a treasure. 

1 comment:

Jaelle Hamann said...

I'd love to! These people have been on my heart ever since we met them downtown! So who can I give the money to?