Friday, May 07, 2010

Driving to work this morning at 4am, down a near-empty 405... I watched something bright and beautiful and fierce shoot across the velvet blue sky. I hesitate to call it a meteor, but a 'shooting star' just doesn't do what I saw justice. It was HUGE. Visible fire cutting through the fabric of the sky. Incredible. I haven't seen anything quite like it since my dad and my's meteor shower. Enchanting. 

Thank you God. 

Not only that, but last night I got into bed, looked at the clock and it was 11:11. I giggled at the little girl fancy, "11:11, make a wish." I first I didn't wish. Then, I wished that I'd love the Lord more, more than anything or anyone else... that I'd make Him my only wish. I thought little of it.

But this morning, the shooting star. Then, a moment later my ipod (on random) selected a song (i love!), that was speaking of shooting stars- and wishing. And Toni's (Rosemary) words from a couple nights ago in a prayer over me began to play through my mind.... something about wishing and trusting, and hope. 

In short, I'm not much of a 'wisher' by nature (a 'dreamer'- undoubtably), but I think the Lord is telling me to 'wish.' Wishing has always been too passive for me, too 'wish-washy' and lazy... the lazy man's hope. 

A song I love right now includes a line, where the Lord says, "It's quite a mess you're in, but it's nothing Love can't fix. Sit here on my shoulders and watch it all unwind." 

Isn't that it? 'Sit here on my shoulders. Wish, and watch Me unwind it all...'

A few years back, the Lord gave me an image while I was painting at a service- I was staring down a well and I heard Him whisper, "What do you wish for?" And then a bright light shot up from the bottom of the well, a bright light from the deep and dark. An answer from the uncertainty, helplessness, pain... whatever the exact case for you, a light has come into the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.  Keep staring down that dark well- be courageous- don't fear to face those deep places- a covered well is a deadly danger. Hear His voice? "What do you wish for?" I know you feel you are working, striving, fighting to hold on to faith and trust and hope- but wish, and re-posture your heart and mind to know that HE is going to accomplish 'it.' Wish. A bright light will come, it will break out from the darkness, it will overcome; it will fill the well, flood it, and then escape it! Maybe this darkness is exactly what is needed for us to finally answer that question, out loud, to ourselves and to Father: "What do you wish for? Child, what do you WANT? Where are your desires? In this night, what do you seek? Where do your tears fall?" 


1 comment:

Braden Unger said...

All I can hear is J. Cricket singing "When you wish upon a star..." :) Good stuff K