Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monday, you already read about. Rough day. One in which I know the Lord was stretching me and reminding me I'm desperate and weak. I'm sure those days are necessary, when you know you just don't have it in you to go another minute and yet you have to, but those are not my favorite days. As I was riding home on the bus at 8p, I was laughing a bit over the oddity of it all. Monday, had I been feeling fine, would have been my ideal work day. It was gorgeous out and I got to run around the city on errands, and moreover create a gift basket. I got to explore and create on one of the most beautiful days! And while I was trying to enjoy it, I just couldn't much, the practicalities of truly being sick was making my dream day into a nightmare. But, I finished it. And today I am home with my NyQuill and DayQuill, boxes of tissues, soup, fire and a book.


"The Tasting Room" at Pike Place Market, I'll be going back there.








My companion when I finally got to go home - a bag of a bottle of wine and a box of  Kleenex. 

5 comments:

Kimberlee Rankin said...

My Monday was tough too..but not because i was sick..see ya Wed ?

Kristin Kelly said...

David LOVED your basket. He said "I wish Katrina would make these for all of us." So you made beauty out of yucky. :)

Katrina Hope said...

Oh yay, I am SO glad to hear that. I wasn't sure if it was lame or not, I mean I would have liked it, but as you know, it wasn't anything like LBL wanted it to be. He gave me a $100 limit, and the basket I'd bought for it was $30 alone... so, I ended up using a basket we had at the office lol, and the little pumpkin candle holder you might recognize as well ;) haha.

Katrina Hope said...

@Kim, why must those Mondays insist on getting us? Right? I'm hoping to see you Wednesday, but we're going to have to see.... :( If nothing else, I'll come for a bit..

Kathryn said...

Hope you feel better rina! I would totally meet you at the tasting room when you're feeling better after you get off work/I get out of class!