Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spent the evening sewing with mom.
And enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

Re-sewing and unsewing tests my patience a bit and gives me terrible flash-backs to when we sewed our Handmaidens vests (some of you know what I'm talking about) inside out and had to entirely undo and redo them. :(

And I think (rather, I know) sewing with me tests my mom's patience.   She did all the sewing of the first layer on the machine, while I leaned over her sholder and "helped" by keeping it all straight.  It turns out she didn't exactly find it helpful, and she let me just take over soon into the top layers. ;) lol.  Sometimes, I'm a bit too much like my dad it turns out.  And 'dad,' helping mom sew, is an interesting concept.  But one I think that turned out rather nicely in the end.  See, mom keeps me having to move faster, and I slow her down a bit and try to strategize and foresee future errors and ensure perfect straight lines.   In the end, I learned some new tricks, and we have this.  A costume skirt that will someday be a favorite item in a dress-up box no doubt.  Mine was always our big fluffy skirts.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

CUTE! I actually own a sewing machine... I need to pull that thing out. Its somewhere in my moms garage.